Background





Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cranberry Pistachio Granola


This is just so very delicious.  And it's pretty and festive too.  I'm always looking for new granola recipes and this one made the family favorite recipe book.  I was thinking of giving this as gifts this holiday season, but I don't think I can share! 

Cranberry Pistachio Granola
originally from Yummy Mummy Kitchen

3 c rolled oats
3/4 c shelled pistachios
1/2 t nutmeg
1/4 t salt
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c maple syrup
2 T vegetable oil
3/4 c dried cranberries - the pomegranate flavored ones are a wonderful compliment to the nutmeg

Mix oats, pistachios, nutmeg, salt and brown sugar in a large bowl.  In a measuring cup stir together syrup and oil; pour over dry ingredients and stir until very well coated. 

Spread on a large baking sheet.  Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes, stir.  Bake 20 more minutes, stir.  If you like a chewier granola remove from oven and let cool about 30 minutes.  I like a crispier granola and I bake 20 more minutes, watching carefully to not let it burn. 

Once granola is cool, stir in dried cranberries.  Store in an airtight container for about a month -- longer in the refrigerator or freezer.

Linking up at
Tatertots and Jello
Pocket Change Gourmet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!