Background





Monday, December 17, 2012

7 Days of Holiday Treats - Peppermint Popcorm


I made this Pinterest find on a whim last year to take to a last minute holiday party.  WOW!  Not a single piece was left and they were asking for more.  One of the best parts about this recipe is how easy it is.  One word of caution -- You MUST use peppermint oil, NOT peppermint extract.  The extract will sieze up the candy coating -- ask me how I know...

Peppermint Popcorn

2 bags microwave popcorn, popped -- I like to use salted for a sweet/salty taste
3 regular size candy canes, crushed
1 lb almond bark
5 - 8 drops of peppermint oil (no extract)

Toss popped corn and crushed candy canes in the largest bowl you can find.  Melt almond bark according to package directions.  Add peppermint oil and stir well -- at this point I do a taste test and add more oil if necessary.  Pour almond bark over popcorn and toss until well-coated.  Spread on parchment paper to harden - 45 min - hour.  Break into pieces and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!