Background





Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Layered Salad


This is one of those quick meal ideas that makes it possible for us to eat at home, even during the busiest of weeks.  I love that I can make this layered salad on Sunday and serve it on Monday or Tuesday and it is still just as fresh as the day I made it.  I just use whatever is in my refrigerator and pantry to pull it together.

Layered Salad

Layer your salad ingredients in the following order in a glass bowl (glass seems to keep the salad fresher than plastic)

Layer one - Salad greens (spinach, iceberg, romaine, mixed greens, field greens, etc)
Layer two - Chopped fresh vegetables (diced cucumbers - seeds removed, thawed frozen peas,  chopped or matchstick carrots, bell peppers) or canned vegetables (banana peppers, black beans, kidney beans, corn)
Layer three - grated or cubed cheese, cooked bacon pieces, raisins, craisins

Cover bowl and store in refrigerator 2 - 3 days.  Top with crunchies - nuts, sunflower seeds, croutons, etc at serving time.

Serve with salad dressing of your choice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!