Background





Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Bean with Bacon Soup

One of my favorite soups growing up was Campbell's Bean with Bacon.  I begged my mom to buy it all the time.  Now that I am concerned about sodium and MSG in my food for health reasons, I stopped buying my favorite soup, not quite so content to do with out.  I originally found this recipe on Tiffany's blog, Eat At Home, one of my favorite food blogs.  As soon as I saw it, I know I could modifiy the recipe just a bit and have my favorite soup once again.  It's delicious!  Below is my modified version.  You can see the original here.


Bean with Bacon Soup

2 - 3 slices of bacon, diced and fried
1/2 onion, diced and cooked with bacon
2 cans Great Northern Beans (I used frozen beans I had cooked from my freezer)
1/2 can diced tomatoes
1 box chicken broth (I used 2 containers of homemade broth from my freezer)
1/2 t oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Cook bacon and onions, toss in a soup pot.  Add all other ingredients and cook until everything is heated through.  Serve.  I put everthing in a crockpot and heat for 3 -4 hours on high.  Works great.

Linking up to


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!