Background





Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pizza Pasta Casserole

This is a new family favorite, as it got thumbs up from all 4 of us.   Oringally a Southern Living recipe, I changed it around a bit and it will be added to our menu rotation.
  
I couldn't get a picture before they devoured almost the entire dish.

Pizza Pasta Casserole
12 oz. spaghetti
1 pound mild pork sausage
2 oz. pepperoni
1 jar (26 oz) tomato basil pasta sauce ( I like Classico brand)
1 c pizza sauce (I had this in my freezer)
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
2 c shredded 6 cheese Italian cheese blend

Boil pasta according to package directions.  Keep warm.
Brown sausage in a large skillet until no longer pink.  Drain and set aside.  Wipe pan clean.  Add pepperoni and cook until slightly crisp (about 5 minutes).  Drain on paper towel.

Toss spaghetti, sausage, pepperoni, tomato basil sauce and pizza sauce until combined.  Pour into 13 x 9 baking dish.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with Italian cheese blend.   Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes. 

Serve with salad and garlic bread for a quick, family pleasing dinner.

This is a great make ahead dinner.  I actually assembled the casserole Sunday afternoon and baked Monday night.   I also think it would freeze very well. 

Linked to Tasty Tuesday


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny,
    We would just love your Pizza Pasta Casserole. I really like your combination of flavor! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week and come back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!