Background





Sunday, October 30, 2011

Marinated Cheese and Olives


Serve this appetizer at your holiday party and I guarantee there won't be any left.   It is one of my most requested recipes.  And as an added bonus, it is really quick and simple to pull together.  Since this will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator, if I know I have several events coming up, I make a double or triple batch. 

Marinated Cheese and Olives

3/4 c vegetabel oil
1/4 c white wine vinegar
1 t salt
1/2 - 1 t freshly ground pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 - 8 oz. package Colby Jack cheese, cubed
1 - 8 oz. package Monterrey Jack or white cheddar cheese, cubed
1 - 7 oz. kalamata olives, drained
1/2 T dried Italian Seasoning
1/4 t crushed red pepper
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 springs fresh rosemary

Combine first 5 ingredients in a jar.  Cover tightly and shake vigorously.
Combine all ingredients except rosemary in a large bowl; stir gently.  Add rosemary sprigs.  Cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.  Serve with assorted crackers. 

Linked to
Sundae Scoop
Life As Mom
Ingredient Spotlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!