Background





Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Candy Cane Kiss Cookies

Oh my, these are delicious!  Our Elf, Bruce brought a bag of Candy Cane Hershey Kisses to Boo Boo a few nights ago and she discovered the recipe for these cookies on the back.  We made them last night and they are wonderful.  I am sure we will make them at least once more before Christmas, especially since Bruce ate a few last night while we were sleeping (wink, wink).


Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
from Hersheys

48 Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses, unwrapped (we only needed 36, made our cookies just a bit bigger)
1/2 (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 c granualted sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
2 c all-purpose flour
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
2 T milk
red or green sugar crystals, we used Christmas sprinkles too

1.  Heat oven to 350.

2.  Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.  Stir together flour, baking soda, salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.

3.  Shape dough into 1" balls (I had to chill my dough for about 20 minutes to keep it from being sticky and my dough balls were about 1 1/2 inches).  Roll in sugar or sprinkles.

4.  Bake 8 - 10 minutes (my larger cookies took 10 - 12 minutes) or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set.  Remove from oven; cool 2 - 3 minutes.  Press a candy kiss into center of each cookie.  Remove cookie from sheet to wire rack.  Cool completely. 

Makes about 4 dozen ( I got 3 dozen). 

Linked to Tasty Tuesday
Delicious Dishes
Home for the Holidays
Ultimate Recipe Swap
Holly Bloggy Christmas
Holiday Treat Week
Sweet Tooth Friday
Keeping Christmas Alive, 365
All About Christmas

10 comments:

  1. Oh yum, I am taking your Elf, Bruce is an Elf on the shelf?? Cute idea.

    This week I am hosting a Holiday treats linky week on my blog, hope you will stop by and join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look yummy!

    Thank you for linking up for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Recipe Party. I'm featuring some of the recipes from the party on my blog later this week, and I've chosen your recipe to feature. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerri,
    Thanks so much for featuring me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I love those Kisses. Our elf, France, doesn't bring anything...but now I think he might have too! (And then he can "eat" it too...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look sensational! I am not sure we can get those chocolates here..I need to investigate asap!

    I am hosting a candy cane link up as part of my 12 Days of Christmas series at my Christmas blog. I would be honoured if you could stop by and link up this wonderful idea/post!

    Best Christmas wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bright red color is amazing!!!

    I am hosting a linky party - 12 days of Christmas Goodies! (and one of the days we are featuring ALL cookie recipes)! This recipe would be perfect, we'd love for you to link it up!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/12/12-days-of-christmas-goodies-smore.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love! These are so festive and look super yummy. My children would just adore them! Thank you for sharing! I would love it if you would link up to my Frugal Christmas Week (http://the-north-forty.com/2011/12/04/frugal-christmas-week-link-up/) so my readers can check this out as well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are soooo pretty! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so festive! I love them! Stopped by from Christmas 365. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would be perfect for a christmas cookie exchange yum!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!